Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Psalm 23


 Psalm 23 is perhaps the most well-known Psalm in the Bible, and there is a reason for that. Faced with so many challenges in life, we look to the Psalms for comfort and guidance. For the next few days we will be considering a verse at a time. (All of the images used were taken in Door County, Wisconsin.) 




In John, chapter 10, verses 14 & 15,  Jesus tells us: I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

When we understand all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for us and realize our need for Him to take away our sins so that we may stand as righteous before a Holy God, then we understand that we are just like poor, dumb, sheep who need a shepherd to guide and care for them.

Jesus is that shepherd for those who follow Him. He cares for us and truly He does make us to lie down in green pastures and leads us beside the still waters.

Come to Christ today. He is the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Him. John 10 explains that Jesus is the door (to God). In verse 9, Jesus continues His narrative with:  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

God Bless You,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heirs of God

Heirs of God The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fel...